The role of the McCracken County Coroner is to confirm and certify the death of an individual within jurisdiction. A coroner may also conduct or order an inquest into the manner or cause of death, and investigate or confirm the identity of the deceased.
Sims began his first term as McCracken County Coroner in January of 1995. He is currently serving his 6th term in this role.
McCracken County Courthouse
300 Clarence Gains Street
Paducah, KY 42003-1700
Phone: (270) 444-4732
- Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Sheriff’s Office: open until 5:30 p.m. on Monday
- District Clerk: open until 5:30 p.m. on Monday
- Circuit Clerk: open until 5:30 p.m. on Monday
- County Clerk: open until 5:30 p.m. on Monday