Part-Time Animal Control Officer
McCracken County is accepting applications for the position of part-time Animal Control Officer. Applications may be picked up and submitted to the Judge-Executive’s office, 300 South 7th Street, Paducah, KY, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mon.-Fri.
Applications will be accepted until 4: pm, May 30, 2017.
McCracken County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Financial Accounting Clerk
The McCracken County Finance Office is looking for the right candidate to join our accounting staff. This position will assist in Accounts Receivable. Additionally Humans Resources experience preferred.
This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of revenue collections. This position requires the candidate to work well in a team environment with excellent communication skills across multiple levels.
- Perform data entry duties for a variety of transaction types.
- Maintain current knowledge of department operating procedures.
- Utilize financial systems and computer applications to input, retrieve or display accounting information.
- Continuously deliver a quality work product in a reliable and professional manner.
- Seek out new ideas, methods and best practices to improve the overall productivity of the team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Associates degree in accounting and/or 1-2 years of accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Solid proficiency and accuracy with 10-key.
- Strong knowledge of accounting methodology.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong math aptitude and ability to work accurately with a large volume of transactions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Access and Power Point).
- Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Sheriff’s Office: open until 5:30 p.m. on Monday
- District Clerk: open until 5:30 p.m. on Monday
- Circuit Clerk: open until 5:30 p.m. on Monday
- County Clerk: open until 5:30 p.m. on Monday